Bio-Innovations Folic Acid 5 mg
- Delivery time 3-5 business days
- Your order is safe with Trusted Shops insurance
- Over 44,000 satisfied customers
From Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 17:email@example.com
Send us a message via e-mail
Folic acid belongs to the group of B vitamins and is involved in many metabolic processes, in particular protein metabolism and the metabolism of DNA (genetic material). It is especially important during pregnancy and infancy, but is required for proper growth and maintenance of cells throughout life.
Folic acid 5 mg, 100 capsules
The coverage of the folic acid requirement is difficult because it is mainly in vegetables. Many do not eat enough vegetables. In addition, a significant proportion of folic acid is destroyed by heat and light when preparing the food.
Adequate folate in healthy diets may reduce a woman’s risk of having a child with a brain or spinal cord birth defect.
Research suggests that supplementation with folate may support cardiovascular and bone health by balancing homocysteine metabolism.
Cooking often reduces the natural folate content of food. However, supplementation with folic acid can provide a stable, bio-available form of folate.
- Supports cardiovascular, bone, and brain health
- Provides an essential nutrient for all stages of life
- May reduce the risk of brain or spinal cord birth defects
- Formulated with a stable, bioavailable form of folate
- Important: during pregnancy and lactation, doses of more than 5 mg folic acid per day should not be used.
Folic acid deficiency can be caused by
- regular dialysis treatment
- drug treatment for cancers
- intake of certain drugs, e.g. the pill
- Low-vegetable diet, eg B. with increased alcohol consumption
- chronic diarrhea disease
- hyperfunction of the thyroid
There is a link between folic acid deficiency and:
- heart disease
- hearing impairment
- a decrease in mental efficiency
A deficiency of folic acid can manifest itself through:
- Increase of homocysteine in the blood
- Mucosal changes in the oral cavity
- Gastrointestinal disorders with diarrhea
- Change of red blood cells (macrocytic anemia)